sábado, julio 23, 2011

For some reason, the heating in the lab room I work in is STILL not working. Once again, they just pretend there is no winter. However, I managed to buy one of those noisy fan heaters, even with the clear opposition of Elendor, who might be reading this. This fan heater has saved my life, do you read me? (Well, maybe together with the hot water bottle) XD.
In other news I am still waiting for the students to come, since it looks like nothing happens around here till the semester starts, the groups I wanted to join seem to be dead and the Kendo course starts lightyears from now. In the meanwhile, I am visiting Perth, the zoo, the cinemas, and other very interesting choice of places. Like the supermarket, in which I laugh everytime I see the price of the freaking pinneaples or kiwifruits, are not they supposed to actually PRODUCE THIS?, how can this be more expensive than anywhere else in the world?, can anyone please explain to me, because everybody goes like: "yeah, we have to import everything and that is why is so expens..." WROOOONG. YOU DO NOT IMPORT PINNEAPLES, I should know I worked with them some time ago. Oh, and bananas are in sale for 12 dollars a kilo, but that has a very good explanation, and I really should not be making fun of it.

5 comentarios:

Elendor dijo...

I wanted to clarify that I didn't oppose the purchase, I merely stated that fan heaters are noisy xD (this is a perfect moment to call you weak southern girl xDDD)
Anyway, I'm very surprised too about kiwifruits and pinneaples, it's very strange that they are expensive o_O
And what's the matter with bananas?

Orion dijo...

Ah, why yes, I am from the south and cannot stand cold at all, now you can laugh at me all you want... but even if you laugh, you should just leave that horrible place you live in XDDD

Ah, about bananas, remember the floods in the northeast part of the country?, they seem to be the ones that had bananas (do not ask me, I would have guessed the whole country could produce them)

Elendor dijo...

Uhm, fair enough xDDD Btw, I hope you have brought your winter cap to Australia, people need to know how fashionable it is xD

I don't remember the floods, but how sad u_u

Víctor dijo...

Wroooooooooong, Buuuuuuu, ちがう! It reminds me our lessons with Sayaka先生.

It's normal the bananas are so expensive, they came from Canarias Island xD.

And don't worry, I can send you those sweets from Japan, the ones they look like sushi and so on.

Orion dijo...

@Elen BUT OF COURSE I brought it, one guy even stopped me in a street to ask about it XD.
The floods were quite huge, I am sure you saw it on the news, people in roofs and stuff like that. Well, does not matter anymore.

@Victor Sorry mate, but they haven't got the black dots, they are not from Canary Islands.
I-DO-NEED-THEM, it is important in my life XDDD